Website ini menggunakan cookies. Dengan melanjutkan pencarian di website ini, anda telah setuju dengan penggunaan cookies kami Untuk informasi lebih lanjut, mohon membaca kebijakan privasi kami
Main content | back to top
Shell Advance confirmed as title sponsor for Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix
Leading motorcycle lubricant brand and Ducati MotoGP team technical partner Shell Advance has reached an agreement with MotoGP rights holders Dorna Sports S.L, to become title sponsor of the 2009 Shell Advance Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix. The agreement has resulted from an ongoing partnership with Dorna which has already seen a Shell Advance track-side advertising presence at 2009 MotoGP events in Qatar, Italy, Germany and the United States.
Tanmay Jaswal, Global Marketing Manager for Shell Advance commented, “We are extremely pleased to announce our title sponsorship of the penultimate round of the 2009 FIM MotoGP World Championship. Shell already enjoys a successful technical partnership with Ducati Corse in MotoGP and increasing support in Malaysia is a logical next step. The 2009 Shell Advance Malaysian MotoGP provides us with an ideal platform to strengthen our existing MotoGP presence, as we seek to communicate with racing fans and bikers in markets across Asia.”
Shell has been involved in MotoGP competition since 2003, through its technical partnership with Ducati Corse. Shell provides Ducati with cutting edge lubricants and fuels, and continuously transfers learnings from the racetrack to the road-going version of Shell Advance. The racing version of Shell Advance helped Ducati Corse to its first ever triple World Championship crown in 2007, and is now vital in protecting the Ducati GP9 machines through MotoGP regulations allowing each rider to use only five engines for the final seven races of the 2009 season. Shell’s increased investment in the sport will deliver heightened exposure to its Shell Advance premium lubricant product in the key Asian region.
Hardeep Kirpal-Singh, Marketing Director, Shell Indonesia said, “The Malaysian MotoGP is an exciting annual event for the whole of Asia and one that we are very proud to support. It is going to be a great occasion for Shell Advance here in Asia, allowing us to bring the exciting MotoGP experience closer to our bikers and racing fans. Our technical support to Ducati Corse in Moto GP gives us invaluable feedback to continually improve our Shell Advance range of motorcycle oils for our customers, and our activities surrounding the Malaysian MotoGP will help us to tell that story.”
Dorna Sports S.L. Managing Director Pau Serracanta stated, “We are delighted that the leading petroleum company in the world is supporting the MotoGP World Championship as a Grand Prix title sponsor and through their partnership with the official Ducati team. MotoGP has a huge fan base in Malaysia and throughout Asia, so this agreement will give Shell Advance the opportunity to further penetrate this highly important market.”
The 2009 Shell Advance Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix will take place at the Sepang circuit, close to Kuala Lumpur, from 23rd-25th October 2009.
About Shell Advance
- Shell Advance Racing Oil L6442 is the only lubricant used by the Ducati MotoGP and World Superbike factory teams for their engine and gearbox. The commercially available Shell Advance Ultra has almost the same performance package as this oil, which means that the consumer has access to the same technology as the Ducati MotoGP and World Superbike factory teams.
- Shell Advance motorcycle oil provides lasting cleanliness and protection for your engine, increasing its responsiveness and keeping your motorcycle performing at its best for longer.
- As part of the development process, Shell Advance motor oils are tested in the harshest of environments across different continents with different climates. This ensures that Shell Advance motor oils are uniquely suited to optimize power output under different temperatures and humidities.
- The majority of components used in the Shell Advance racing oil for Ducati in MotoGP and World Superbikes are also used in the commercial range of Shell Advance 4Tmotorcycle oils.
- The implementation of a mix of highly effective ‘optimised friction control’ components in the latest blends of Shell Advance lubricant allows the Ducati race bike engines to produce significantly more horsepower.
- The latest version of Shell Advance racing oil has been optimised to work with Shell V-Power race fuel, with the aim of reducing fuel consumption and maximising power output and efficiency of the bike.
For interviews or more information please contact:
Manager - Media Relations, External Affairs & Communications
PT Shell Indonesia
Phone: +62 21 7592 4700
Fax: +62 21 7592 4679