Shell DYNAFLEX Technology
What is DYNAFLEX technology or DYNAFLEX formulation and how does DYNAFLEX technology work in engines?
What is DYNAFLEX technology or DYNAFLEX formulation?
- DYNAFLEX technology or DYNAFLEX formulation are our names for our latest generation of advanced formulations for gasoline and diesel fuels.
- All of our latest generation of fuels are formulated with our new DYNAFLEX technology.
- Just as petrol and diesel are different, we have developed unique DYNAFLEX formulations for each fuel type.
- Modern engines are becoming more and more efficient. As a result, fuels are exposed to tougher conditions (i.e. higher temperatures and pressures) which can lead to the formation of dirt on key fuel system components such as intake valves and fuel injectors.
- All DYNAFLEX formulations are complex blends that are specially designed to help maintain engine efficiency as the vehicle manufacturers’ designed. DYNAFLEX technology works by being enriched with powerful cleaning agents to help maintain the cleanliness of key fuel system components and protect them from performance robbing deposits.1
- Our Shell V-Power fuels are also designed to help clean away existing fuel system deposits.1
- Our gasoline Shell fuels with DYNAFLEX technology also contain our new friction modifier which helps the piston assembly, found in the heart of engines, turn more freely to help reduce energy wasted as heat.2
How does DYNAFLEX technology work in engines?
Our Challenge – Deposits in fuel systems
Shell’s team of scientists have created bespoke DYNAFLEX formulations for diesel and gasoline engines. In creating our new DYNAFLEX formulations we drew on over 100 years of experience in fuels research and development. The world’s car manufacturers are on a quest for improved engine efficiency. Our new DYNAFLEX formulations draw on our experience and insights into the demands of both older and modern engines. Modern engines are becoming smaller whilst maintaining high power outputs and often use new technologies (such as direct fuel injection and turbocharging) to help achieve performance and efficiency.
Deposits can form, over time, on key fuel system components such as fuel injectors in diesel engines and intake valves/fuel injectors in gasoline engines. Shell’s DYNAFLEX formulations are designed to help control dirt deposits in key fuel system components.2 The development of our new range of Shell fuels with DYNAFLEX technology is the culmination of a multi-year research and development program which involved tests in over 3 million km and over 240 cars.3
Shell V-Power – designed for performance and efficiency
DYNAFLEX technology in Shell V-Power is formulated with powerful cleaning molecules designed to prevent and remove performance-robbing engine deposits. Our advanced formulation is designed to work under the extreme conditions of the fuel intake system, breaking down and cleaning-away deposits.1 This helps to ensure that the fuel intake system is kept clean so your engine can breathe better, helping your cars performance.1
New Shell V-Power with DYNAFLEX technology is boosted with 3x more friction-reducing and 3x deposit control molecules, to help efficiency and performance.4 Our new Shell V-Power with DYNAFLEX formulation with new boosted friction reducing molecules, have been demonstrated better performance under tougher conditions on the highway as well as in the city.4
- Helps to clean key fuel system components such as intake valves and/or fuel injectors from the build up of performance robbing deposits. Actual effects and benefits may vary according to vehicle type, vehicle condition and driving style.
- Friction reducing molecules help critical parts of your engine. Actual effects and benefits may vary according to vehicle type, vehicle condition and driving style. No guarantees provided.
- Tests conducted since 2009 on European and Asian vehicles from a wide range of major manufacturers. Not all vehicles available in [insert relevant market].
- Boosted compared to Shell Super in demonstration tests. Helps to clean key fuel system components such as intake valves and/or fuel injectors from the build up of performance robbing deposits. Friction reducing molecules help critical parts of your engine. 3x more molecules does not equal 3x more cleaning or friction reducing benefit. No guarantees provided. Actual effects and benefits may vary according to vehicle type, vehicle condition and driving style.
More in Shell Fuels
The history of fuel
The origin of Shell is as colourful as any in the world's industrial history of the last 150 years. Find out how it all began.