September 20, 2012 - Shell today announces the launch of the Shell Motorist Application in Indonesia. The Motorist App is Shell’s latest mobile innovation applied for Apple and Android operating systems to make the customer’s journeys simpler. It will enable users gain more valuable information since it’s specifically designed to help motorists plan their journey and keep on top of their vehicle’s maintenance.
Shell Motorist Application functions include:
- An interactive map showing the location of the nearest Shell forecourt. Users can also refine their search by fuel type or by the availability of certain onsite amenities.
- A brand new route planner service allowing drivers to plot and view their journey. It is designed to help find the best way to driver’s destination and estimate cost of the journey
- A motoring reminders calendar where drivers can set a series of alerts for up to three different vehicles. These include: reminders of motoring tax and insurance renewal deadlines; vehicle servicing alerts; and prompts to conduct general vehicle maintenance checks, including water levels, oil and tire pressure
- A ‘news alerts’ section showing the very latest Shell promotions, forecourt offers and product news
- Information of Shell highlights and products
For the first time via a Shell App, drivers will have access to up to date information in 20 different countries, helping them plan their journeys more efficiently. Moreover, users are able to access information while driving at home or abroad, keep on top of their vehicle’s maintenance and make the most of Shell facilities and customer offers.
“Shell is constantly looking for ways to improve the entire motoring experience for our customers. We are committed to investing much of our resources into research and development to ensure innovative products like our Shell Fuel Economy Formula which we launched in January 2012, as well as solutions like this latest Shell Motorist Application tool. In our view, this application meets the needs of our customers in Indonesia because it helps users to access up to date and relevant information to plan their journeys more efficiently,” said Sammy de Guzman, GM Sales & Operations Manager, Shell Indonesia.
The Shell Motorists App is now available for free download on iPhone, iPod Touch, Android Handset devices in the following 20 countries: Indonesia; Thailand; Belgium; Denmark; France; Germany; Italy; Luxembourg; Netherlands; Norway; UK; Turkey; Singapore; Hong Kong; Malaysia; Canada; USA, Hungary, South Africa and Australia.