Combined Brand Strength, Shell-Astra Launch Co-Branding Lubricants
Oct 06, 2011
The partnership is to grow robust portfolio in delivering products excellence
PT. Shell Indonesia and PT. Astra Otoparts tbk announced today their strategic partnership by launching co-branding lubricants to mark the synergy of two strengths in dedicating premium benefits and value to their customers.
Shell Country General Manager of Lubricants Dr. Johari Jalil and Director of Astra Otoparts, Tbk Darmawan Widjaja launched symbolically the co-branding partnership in Jakarta, 5 October 2011.
“The launch of Shell-Astra co-branding lubricants aims at building a partnership on the basis of each other’s value; Shell as the Lubricants leader and Astra as the Automotive leader. It is leveraging each other’s brand strength & expertise”, said Johari Jalil. He added that the partnership is a way to grow robust portfolio in delivering excellence in terms of products, values, and image.
Meanwhile President Director Astra Otoparts Siswanto Prawiroatmodjo in his speech read by Darmawan Widjaja said that, “The image of Astra’s automotive business as the market leader in Indonesia would be an attraction and power to launch products related to automotive. Astra Otoparts as the subsidiary of Astra which manufactures and markets automotive parts and derivative products can collaborate with PT Shell Indonesia to launch co-branded lubricant products that are formulated specifically for the Indonesian automotive market."
“The inaugural marketing of co-branded lubricants will use modern automotive retail network developed by Astra Otoparts, the Shop & Drive which are widespread in Indonesia especially in Java and Bali with a total of 134 outlets. For Astra, a vast network will help a lot and deliver more value in the marketing of lubricant products of this co-branding." Siswanto added.
The Shell-Astra co-branding lubricant products launched are:
Shell Helix AJ 10W-30 for Astra in 1 L and 4 L pack;
Shell Helix 10W-40 for Astra in 1 L and 4 L pack.
For more information, please contact:
Sri Wahyu Endah
Media Relations Manager
Phone: +62 21 7592 4700
Fax: +62 21 7592 4679
Ni Luh Made Kusumawati
Public Relation & Corporate Secretary
PT Astra Otoparts Tbk
Jalan Raya Pegangsaan Dua Km.2,2 Kelapa Gading, Jakarta 14250
Phone: +62 21 460 3550, 460 7025
Fax: +62 21 460 7009, 460 7010
Mobile: +62 81 618 647 92
About Shell Lubricants
- The term “Shell Lubricants” collectively refers to Shell Group companies engaged in the lubricants business. They manufacture and blend products for use in a range of applications, from consumer motoring to mining and power generation to commercial transport. Shell’s portfolio of lubricant brands includes Pennzoil®, Quaker State®, Shell Rotella T, Shell Helix, Shell Rimula, Shell Tellus, Monarchand Jiffy Lube®. Shell has leading lubricants research centres in Germany, Japan (joint venture with Showa Shell), UK, and the USA.
- Our products are manufactured and marketed in more countries than any other lubricants supplier’s, enabling us to supply to our largest customers. We are expanding rapidly into emerging markets while continuing to seek growth in our heartland markets.
- In 2006, Shell acquired a 75% share in Tongyi, which is China’s leading independent lubricant manufacturer. Today Shell is the leading international lubricants supplier in China and has the third largest share of China’s rapidly growing market.
- In November 2009, we opened our sixth lube oil blending plant in Zhuhai, Guangdong Province, China. With a production capacity of 200 million litres a year, and the potential for a phased development to 400 million litres a year, the complex could become one of Shell’s top three lubricants blending plants worldwide in volume terms.
- We focus on developing products and services that provide both superior protection and efficiency.
- For the fourth consecutive year, Shell has been named the number one global lubricants supplier - selling more lubricants in 2009 than any other company in the world. (Source: Kline & Company)
About Astra Otoparts
PT Astra Otoparts Tbk. (Astra Otoparts) is Indonesia’s foremost automotive component Company producing components both for Original Equipment for Manufacturers (OEM) and Replacement Market (REM). Astra Otoparts’ customers in the OEM segment include Toyota, Daihatsu, Isuzu, Mitsubishi, Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Hino. Astra Otoparts has dominated Indonesia’s automotive component market that it has become synonymous with high-quality automotive spare parts.
Astra Otoparts’ products do not only meet the ever-growing domestic consumption or demands but are also exported to 49 countries in the Middle East, Asia Oceania, Africa, Europe, and the Americas. And to support its overseas sales, Astra Otoparts has established three representative offices in Singapore, Dubai, and Australia respectively.
Astra Otoparts has developed vigorously from an unassuming trading Company with business interests in automotive industry, machinery assembling, and construction, called PT Alfa Delta Motor, into what is now known as Astra Otoparts, which has over 30 business units and subsidiaries/affiliated companies, and employs over 30,000 people. Since 1998, Astra Otoparts has become a publicly listed Company after floating its shares at the Indonesia Stock Exchange.
In 2010, Astra Otoparts recorded a 48.5% net profit increase to reach Rp 1.14 trillion, the highest since its establishment. This achievement is in line with the board of director’s program launched in early 2010 to make Astra Otoparts a 1-Trillion-Rupiah Company as a response to challenges in the automotive business, including the ASEAN-China Free Trade Area (ACFTA).
The success could not be separated from Good Corporate Governance (GCG) practices implemented by the Company. And the implementation of GCG practices has earned Astra Otoparts several awards, including The Indonesian Corporate Governance Award 2010 as The Trusted Company, and Indonesia’s Most Admired Company (IMAC) 2010 for the fourth consecutive year since 2007. This accomplishment encourages Astra Otoparts to become a World Class Auto Parts Supplier and Partner of Choice in Indonesia. To support its effort to become a world class automotive player, the Company established an Engineering Development Center and adopted an integrated information technology system.
The Company currently has joint venture subsidiaries with well-known component manufacturers from Japan and Europe such as Aisin Seiki, Aisin Takaoka, Akebono, Daido Steel, Denso, DIC Corporation, GS Yuasa, Kayaba, Keihin, Mahle, Nippon Gasket, Nittan Valve, Toyoda Gosei, Visteon, Yazaki, and Aktiebolaget SKF.
Astra Otoparts also shows great concern toward the society and environment through various corporate social responsibility (CSR) programs, by adopting Astra Green Company (AGC) and Astra Friendly Company (AFC) concepts. Through CSR programs, the Company provides revolving funds to finance micro and small business in the vicinity, education aid, and donation for victims of natural disasters.